Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Special Sauce



  I am writing this post to demonstrate what I can bring to the table as an Eco-Rep. Simply put, I am good with people. Some of my friends joke around me about how I am a Facebook addict and obsessively update my status.


  Yes and no. I am a Facebook addict in a different way. Being a social butterfly isn't really enough for me. I want to be more of a social bird, on and off the campus. I am actually a Facebook friend with literally every single student of Class of 2014, except for the ones who don't have a Facebook account. I started off as my abrupt friend request during the summer, but my effort sifted into finer grains of my human resources. The small size of Babson College contributes to the fact that I practically know a majority of our student body, but I really attribute this to my devotion into social networking.


  I utilized this same concept when getting to know about Babson. I was in the midst of choosing my colleges, I became fascinated with Babson. This led to my well-planned, massive Facebook terrorism; I wrote a cluster bombardment of questions with the length of a novella and sent it to every single Babson student I could find. How many would even bother clicking? I was astonished: dozens of replies followed, some of which would stand alone as full length novels. They showed me the utmost proof of students' enthusiasm for the school. The strong social network soon shaped, and myriads of hands gradually guided me to visit Babson and experience it firsthand.


  As this story tells, I would like to say with confidence that I can bring my social aspect and human resources to the table, for more efficient execution of any projects. Specifically, I would be happy to be in charge of Human Resources aspect of the project, working with people, which is one of my biggest strengths.


  One of the biggest things I learned through this chapter about having a successful Eco-Rep project is the importance of communication. Regardless of how good your business idea is, the business may leap into failure with devoid of efficacious communication. There are a variety of communication methods and I had learned lots in that field and am ready to apply it to my real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment